Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Taking a Gamble

Today I had my first internal ultrasound to check things out.  I consulted Dr. Google to see what to expect, and he said not a problem and to not be worried about it.  Well, he was wrong.  It was very uncomfortable and I had horrible cramping following it for two hours.  Oh well, now I know what to expect next time!

The good news:  The lining was in fine shape and I had a nice sized follicle on the right side. 

The bad news:  I didn't have any follicles growing on the left side, which is the side that isn't blocked.  

So...what do we do?  We're going to take a gamble and still go with the Ovidrel injection, even though the growing follicle is on the wrong side.  Interestingly enough, the doctor said that up to 80% of tubes that appear to be blocked in an HSG actually aren't unless you have a history to give it reasons to be blocked.  Maybe, just maybe, that follicle will sneak on down where it's supposed to go.  Worse case scenario, we have another failed cycle and try again...something we have a lot of experience in!

No comments:

Post a Comment