Sunday, March 17, 2013

I really am still here...

I have to apologize for the lack of posts.  I just haven't felt real inspired to write much!  I have a big week ahead of me.  Tomorrow is my mom's birthday.  I'm pretty sure I'll have to have a caramel cashew sundae and throw the cherry out the window in memory of her! :)  Tuesday I start the three days of Follistim injections.  I heard they weren't that bad to do and the side effects were tolerable.  Below is a picture of what this cycle entails.  There you see an entire paycheck worth of meds that have been and will be put into my body this cycle.  How exciting! (I hope you note my sarcasm!) 



Wednesday I have an upper GI endoscopy scheduled at the local hospital.  I have had acid reflux issues that started about 2.5 years ago which I was then prescribed medicine.  I took that as needed and then didn't have any issues for quite awhile.  Well, the last year it has gotten progressively worse leading up to having an episode a couple of weeks ago that involved waking up at 11:30 pm and spending the rest of the entire night coughing and throwing up acid.  That was the last straw so I went to the doctor and we're doing the endoscopy.  Since then I've doubled the medication, continued my nightly consumption of Tums, and upped it to three pillows and haven't had a problem since.  I have a feeling it will just be a simple, common case of GERD and I'll be told to continue meds, stay with three pillows, and lose 500 pounds. 

Friday morning is our ultrasound.  I'll be interested to see the state of the follicles due to the added meds.  Based on that ultrasound we'll schedule the IUI and figure the timing out for that.

So to sum it up, it's a busy week ahead for this girl...but one hopefully with some answers!

1 comment:

  1. Follistim isn't bad at all! Actually was the easiest of all my shots so far. Hopefully this works for you!!! Prayers for you on your Mom's Birthday - I know that is a difficult time for you.

    ReplyDelete