Monday, March 4, 2013

The Next Steps!

Monday I had my ultrasound.  The follicles were growing the way they were supposed to be so I took ovulation tests twice a day for four days.  I didn't get any positives (I never have!) so I did the Ovidrel injection and we timed things out.  Thursday and I Austin and I both went to the doctor to talk the next steps with him.  Pending on the results of this cycle, we decided to go with the "hybrid" IUI for our next steps.  It is considered hybrid because it will involve both oral and injectable medications.  It will go as follows:
Day 3 - 5 pills of Letrozole
Day 4 - 5 pills of Letrozole (and start praying real hard I don't start going crazy crabby again)
Day 5 - 5 pills of Letrozole
Day 6 - 5 pills of Letrozole
Day 7 - 5 pills of Letrozole
Day 8 - HCG injection
Day 9 - HCG injection
Day 10 - HCG injection
Day 11 - ultrasound to check on the follicles
Ovidrel injection
IUI process - aka the turkey baster procedure
Start the two week wait!

I really am excited about these next steps and feel good about a plan being in place!


No comments:

Post a Comment